AZZOPARDI as well as
CAMENZULI, CARUANA, CAUCHI, COPPOLA,
posted by: Jenina Halitsky
March 30, 2005
I thought I would post my Family Names in Malta in hopes that I may be able to locate some family both past and present.
I have dates (some birth/marriage/death dates) that I can share if the names and locations match up. I am looking for descendants of any of the following or any information on these individuals. I have listed the last names, first names and in brackets the area they were
married or born in:
AZZOPARDI: Vincentino (Valletta), Paulo (Zebbuge), Giovanna (Valletta), Gaudenzio (Zebbug), Gaetano (Sliema and Valletta), Angelo (Zejtun)
BORG: Clara (Zejtun)
BONNICI: Iris (Valletta), Rogatino (Valletta), Luigi (Zeitun), Giovanni (Zejtun), Michelangelo (Zejtun), Lorenzo (Matrice, Gozo), Giuseppe (Qormi)
CAMENZULI: Annuziata (Velletta), Michele (Velletta)
CARUANA: Evangelista (Zejtun), Andrea (Zejtun)
CAUCHI: Maria (Attard)
COPPOLA: Anna (Valletta)
FARRUGIA: Maria (Velletta), Catarina (Zejtun), Maria (Zejtun)
GALEA: Francesca (Zejtun), Aloisio (Zejtun)
MERCIECA: Caterina (Matrice, Gozo)
SALIBA: Therese (Matrice, Gozo), Michele (Matrice, Gozo)
SEICHEL: Maria (Zejtun), Giuseppe (Zejtun)
VELLA: Consolata (Valletta), Carmelo
Additional Notes from my-malta.com:
- 'Paulo' may be substituted by 'Paolo',
- 'Zebbuge' by 'Zebbug' and pls note that there are two such locations on the Maltese Islands;
Haz-Zebbug on Malta and Zebbug on Gozo, and
- 'Zeitun' by 'Zejtun', the latter being the correct/ modern spelling.
- 'Luigi' and 'Aloisio' may be interchangeable
- 'Catarina' may be found as 'Katarina', 'Katrin', or 'Caterina'
- 'Matrice' on Gozo implies the capital, i.e. 'Rabat'/'Victoria', possibly even the Gozo Cathedral within the Citadel.
my-malta.com © 2002-2004